The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Happy International Women's Day.

Started by Bricktop, March 08, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Actually, fuck your stupid token "day" gesture.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Fuck your hugs too.

Women's Day???

WTF is THAT all about?

RW

It's where you dust off your vagina and actually use it day.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

When it International Redneck's Day.

Bricktop

More to the point, International Men's Day???

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"More to the point, International Men's Day???

I could compromise on that.

Bricktop

So could I, except I don't need a token "day" in order for me to feel proud of being a male, proud of the achievements of men, and proud of their continuing contribution to a better world.

That does not mean I think men are superior, unflawed and incapable of stupidity...but I will say men have achieved FAR more than women during the existence of our civilisation, and we deserve some respect for that.

RW

Pffft.  You fuckers do nothing but wreck the place.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

To create, you first have to destroy.

Physics 101.

True, men have done some stupid things, but that is more in the realm of human nature, rather than gender distinct.

Women have also been guilty of silly and heinous acts. Its just the men have monopolised politics and power for centuries, and many have abused their privilege. We still have much to learn...but the fact that men have dared, taken incalculable risk, put their necks on the line and shown courage when it counted is the reason we are where we are today.

RW

You clearly didn't take physics.  

The first law of thermodynamics states that engery cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed.  The law of conservation of mass states the same thing for matter.

That ^^^ is Physics 101.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

I sincerely think men are the bane of the human existence (generally). But I don't know how much of this is due to the biological nature of those who identify as male or the nurturing they receive from society.

Look at EVERY social dysfunction around the world. What is at the root of it? MALE EGO.

War.....usually over land and resources, religion, or simply because some political leader wants to make up for having the genitals of a 3 year old.

Violence...... when was the last time a woman held a man down and beat him, raped him and left him for dead? IF such a thing actually happens...it's usually because some man REALLY screwed with that womans head when she was a child or it's a case of revenge for being abused.

Pedophilia-.....Yeah it happens amongst women, but not at the rate with which men engage in this horrendous act.

Now, granted, I think there IS hope for men. I personally know numerous decent men. Unfortunately there are biological animalistic tendencies that men culturally have not always been forced to check or reject. The chauvinism, violence and downright disrespect for women that is condoned and encouraged in many countries showcases this. Many cultures even reward violence and aggression in men.

Of those men who aren't selfish egomaniacs or who wouldn't cheat on their wives, rape a woman or child, beat another human for the fun of it, emotionally, verbally, mentally or otherwise abuse/oppress other human beings when the opportunity presents itself...you typically see a higher IQ along with a higher sense of morality and humanity. Unfortunately higher levels of mortality and humanity among males, more often than not is a learned behavior enforced by parents or mentors rather than acquired through personal dedication. Where you see a decent man, you typically see a decent father, and/or a really amazing/strong mother.

The sad truth is that typically without copious amounts of some form of behavior modification, male children grow to be nothing more than aggressive, violent, cunning, jealous, emotionally stunted, savage baboons.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I am generally not in favour of an appreciation day/month for any gender, ethnicity or religion.

RW

I just want to point out that it's INTERNATIONAL women's day.  You look at us and we have it pretty decent in term of gender privledge and equality but there are places that are still hacking of girl's clitorises and marrying 13 year olds off to older men.  They can't drive or vote or leave the house without looking like a shuttlecock.  

Today is the day to keep them in mind.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"I am generally not in favour of an appreciation day/month for any gender, ethnicity or religion.

There goes all our stats.
Beware of Gaslighters!